[Scons-users] Bundles as targets

Arvid Rosén arvid at softube.com
Wed Oct 7 03:47:51 EDT 2020

Hi again,

On 2020-10-06, 21:56, "Scons-users on behalf of Mats Wichmann" <scons-users-bounces at scons.org on behalf of mats at wichmann.us> wrote:

    I wonder if there's something that could be done with the concepA ts of
    the Tar and Zip builders.  Yes, they have a command to call that if
    given a "create" option wipes out any previous file which makes it a
    little easier but it feels like the idea applies, including the use of
    the builder "multi" argument that lets you call the builder more than
    once to add to the "target".

Yes! This is not a bad idea. We do this already, using the Zip builder, for the reasons mentioned earlier. Different parts of the quite big SConstruct can add different files to the zip, and it can be moved and copied and deployed etc. Achieving this without zipping would be great! Again, Apple's codesign tool is a good example. It operates on a bundle, by reading it's content and calculating checksums and such, and then adds some files to it. It would be great to be able to create a Node that could be sent to a codesign Builder, without resorting to de-zipping, signing, re-zipping. But to me, it is not obvious how this could be done.

Cheers,
Arvid