[Scons-users] Bundles as targets

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Tue Oct 6 15:56:07 EDT 2020

On 10/6/20 12:41 AM, Arvid Rosén wrote:

> easily build bundles. A bundle in this case is a target that is a
> directory with exactly a set of files. No more, no less. The most
> notable case here is macOS bundles, but they are used in other cases too.

> Is there an easy way to achieve this in SCons? Today, I always wipe the
> target directory, and then use Mkdir and InstallAs to populate the
> bundle. But is this really the best way? Would it be possible to extend
> SCons to add a Bundle target Node to do this in a clean way you think?

I wonder if there's something that could be done with the concepA ts of
the Tar and Zip builders.  Yes, they have a command to call that if
given a "create" option wipes out any previous file which makes it a
little easier but it feels like the idea applies, including the use of
the builder "multi" argument that lets you call the builder more than
once to add to the "target".