[Scons-users] VS2017 and Python 3

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Wed May 17 12:50:01 EDT 2017

Likely no release prior to py2 +py3 compat release.
I'm down to a handful of failures so we're getting close.
Likely there'll be a beta release because there've been a lot of changes to
get this far.

I'm hoping in the next week or two. (But I've said that before PY3 has had
some challenging changes especially on windows)

As far as VS2017,  if vswhere is going to be widely available an easy for
anyone to install even if they have older vs2017 install, then that'd
likely be a simpler solution.

While in the medium term I want to get the setup.py/pip issues ironed out,
for the time being depending on other python packages may complicate
installation for users.

Ideally we'd drop pywin32 as well.

BTW. Thanks for pointing out to Microsoft they made life harder for many
with their "improvements" in VS2017.

-Bill