[Scons-users] Question over BuilderBase / repo of Builders and Finder Tools

RW garlicbready at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 9 06:47:47 EDT 2017

Hi,
I've noticed that there's a class within Scons called BuilderBase
I just wanted to ask is it safe to inherit from this class for creating
Builders external to the main scons repo?
I've noticed there isn't any documentation on it, but I'd like the ability
to create a builder that's a class
I can probably still do it using the traditional method of pointing to
functions, but I think using BuilderBase might make life easier

Another question, are there any plans to have a seperate repository for
storing contributed Builders such as those on the wiki?
I'm looking into creating my own repo on github with Builders for dotnet
core, and mkdocs as a couple of examples, that can be installed via pip
CMake has a large number of modules for finding paths to different
libraries such as FindQt for example.
I'm thinking under scons this would be considered a tool, but if there's a
general place to put any contributed builders / finding tools etc

Many Thanks
Richard