[Scons-users] Question over BuilderBase / repo of Builders and Finder Tools

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Fri Jun 9 08:04:02 EDT 2017

Richard,

You might want to read through the users guide and manpage and also this
wiki page.
https://bitbucket.org/scons/scons/wiki/ToolsForFools

You should use Builder() to create builders.  Most likely you'll not need
to read the source code of SCons to complete your tasks.
The Docs and wiki usually have sufficient content.

Also take a look at the list of user maintained builders:
https://bitbucket.org/scons/scons/wiki/ToolsIndex

And scons-contrib repo which is where we're encouraging people to submit
builders not ready for or not mainstream enough for inclusion in the core.
Please consider forking this repo and then submitting your changes for
inclusion there.
https://bitbucket.org/scons/scons-contrib/overview

-Bill
SCons Project Co-Manager.