[Scons-users] Asidoc sample chapter (was Re: Sphinx builder)

Saša Janiška gour at atmarama.com
Sun Jan 10 09:47:40 EST 2016

On Ned, 2016-01-10 at 13:29 +0100, Dirk Bächle wrote:

Hiya Dirk,

> then, if you're sure that AsciiDoc is already up to the task, please
> provide an AsciiDoc version of the UserGuide (archive format
> with all converted XML documents) as example, such that I can simply
> run an export to DocBook. If I like the output you might have
> won me over...

First of all it looks as SCOns does not use 'pure' DocBook and not being
expert with the latter I just converted one (largest) chapter from the
user manual (to whet your appetite) via Pandoc into AsciiDoc(tor) and
then created HTML out of it as well as Docbook45/5 versions of the same
chapter.

To provide full manual, one would have to be become more familiar with
DocBook and the build itself, but I'm sure that with some scripting it
can be done.

The cmd used in Pandoc was:

pandoc -f docbook -t asciidoc -o chapter.ascc chapter.xml

For AsciiDoctor the cmds are as follows:

asciidoctor chapter.asc -o chapter.html
asciidoctor -b docbook45 chapter.asc -o chapter-db45.xml
asciidoctor -b docbook5 chapter.asc -o command-line-db5.xml

The bundle is in attachment compressed/tarred with -J to be smaller.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Therefore, without being attached to the fruits of activities,
one should act as a matter of duty, for by working without