[Scons-users] Why SCons is not slow

Saša Janiška gour at atmarama.com
Thu Jan 7 15:24:07 EST 2016

On Čet, 2016-01-07 at 17:01 +0000, William Blevins wrote:

> All large systems eventually run into scalability problems. SCons
> handles dependencies as accurately as possible,

That's one of SCons features I highly appreciate!

> The stub-wrapper is still in the works, but the memory optimizations
> have been completed and are available in the latest distribution.
> Once the stub-process wrapper is complete, I think all the planned
> performance improvements will be complete.

That's "Integrating stubprocess.py wrapper for speedup" which is
supposed to be done for 2.5, according to roadmap?

> Python 3 support is still incomplete, but there is an effort to make
> the current baseline Python 3 compatible.

What does it mean?

> https://bitbucket.org/scons/scons/wiki/SconsVsOtherBuildTools

I know about it, but thought it is old stuff, although I now see it's
updated on 2015-10-14.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
He who is regulated in his habits of eating, sleeping, recreation
and work can mitigate all material pains by practicing the yoga system.