[Scons-users] Need clarifications about --implicit-deps-unchanged

Pierre-Luc Boily pierreluc.boily at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 15:50:12 EST 2016

Adding "/All the flag says to SCons is don't try to determine if there are
new dependencies.
It still check's dependencies to see if targets are out of date./" makes
things much clearer yes!  This is not what I understood at first.

Knowing this, I think we could use most of the time
--implicit-deps-unchanged option?  In our case, we rarely add new
dependencies.

Also, just realized that you said in your first answer that
--implicit-deps-unchanged is not supposed to bu uses with "scons -u"  Why?
I my test, i can clearly see performance improvement.

thx a lot