[Scons-users] scons 64bit Windows installer questions

Thomas Berg merlin66b at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 14:40:33 EST 2015

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 7:30 PM, Dirk Bächle <tshortik at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> we have a list of prerequisites in our Wiki. The page is called...wait for
> it...
>
>   http://www.scons.org/wiki/SconsBuildRequirements
>
> ;).
> You can also take a look at the script "bin/scons_dev_master.py" which can
> be used to setup a machine for SCons development. It uses apt-get to
> install the required packages...

Thanks for the answer. Sorry if it wasn't clear, but I was trying to build
the Windows installer on Windows, and this appears to be more helpful for
linux. I'm able to build on linux, but it only produces a 32bit windows
installer.

Some of the mentioned optional packages (such as epydoc) are not easily
available for the 64 bit python on Windows, but I don't really need the
documentation to be built. So I was hoping to manage without those
optionals. Right now I'm not sure if the error is caused by a missing
package that is supposed to be optional, or if it's supported to build on
Windows at all anymore. I have not attempted it since the scons 1.2.0 days.

Someone on the list posted a 64bit installer for scons-2.3.0 a while ago,
so I have hopes that it is possible.

Thanks,
Thomas