[Scons-users] scons 64bit Windows installer questions

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Tue Jan 13 13:30:52 EST 2015

Hi Thomas,

On 13.01.2015 15:15, Thomas Berg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At my dayjob we have a 64bit python 2.7 installation on all machines. As you know, the official scons installer only finds 32 bit
> versions of python.
>
> [...]
>
> Question 1:
> I've been able to build the scons installer myself in the past, but not in recent versions of the scons codebase. I've checked out
> the scons 2.3.4 source now. Does anyone know which dependencies that are mandatory or what's wrong?

we have a list of prerequisites in our Wiki. The page is called...wait for it...

   http://www.scons.org/wiki/SconsBuildRequirements

;).
You can also take a look at the script "bin/scons_dev_master.py" which can be used to setup a machine for SCons development. It uses
apt-get to install the required packages...