[Scons-users] Bogus Python version deprecation warning?

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sat Feb 14 04:51:22 EST 2015

Hi Paul,

On 14.02.2015 09:18, Suchko, Paul M wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> We keep getting this warning from SCons
>
> scons: warning: Support for pre-2.7.0 Python version (2.6.6) is deprecated.
>
>      If this will cause hardship, contact scons-dev at scons.org <mailto:scons-dev at scons.org>
>
> [...]
>
> Can you please tell me why SCons might think the Python version is 2.6.6?  I realize I can turn off this warning but I would rather
> understand why it is showing it so we can avoid potential issues.

internally SCons uses

   sys.version.split()[0]

to print out the Python version in your example output above. So it looks as if a different Python is picked up when running SCons.
Do you have several versions installed, especially a 2.6.6? It might also be a mix of 32bit vs 64bit...I'm not sure. For now it just
doesn't look like an SCons bug to me.