[Scons-users] Bogus Python version deprecation warning?

Suchko, Paul M paul.suchko at bnymellon.com
Sat Feb 14 03:18:22 EST 2015

Hi there,

We keep getting this warning from SCons

scons: warning: Support for pre-2.7.0 Python version (2.6.6) is deprecated.
    If this will cause hardship, contact scons-dev at scons.org<mailto:scons-dev at scons.org>
File "/usr/bin/scons", line 199, in <module>

on a machine which has Python 2.7.8 installed.

-bash-4.1$ python -V
Python 2.7.8
-bash-4.1$

Can you please tell me why SCons might think the Python version is 2.6.6?  I realize I can turn off this warning but I would rather understand why it is showing it so we can avoid potential issues.

Thanks,
Paul

The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachment, is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient. Access, copying or re-use of the e-mail or any attachment, or any information contained therein, by any other person is not authorized. If you are not the intended recipient please return the e-mail to the sender and delete it from your computer. Although we attempt to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, we do not guarantee that either are virus-free and accept no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses.

Please refer to http://disclaimer.bnymellon.com/eu.htm for certain disclosures relating to European legal entities.