[Scons-users] Bogus Python version deprecation warning?

Michael Lahnert michael.lahnert at ipvs.uni-stuttgart.de
Sat Feb 14 05:32:18 EST 2015

Hi,

On Sat, 2015-02-14 at 10:51 +0100, Dirk Bächle wrote:
> On 14.02.2015 09:18, Suchko, Paul M wrote:
> > Can you please tell me why SCons might think the Python version is 2.6.6?  I realize I can turn off this warning but I would rather
> > understand why it is showing it so we can avoid potential issues.
> >

> internally SCons uses
>
>    sys.version.split()[0]
>
> to print out the Python version in your example output above. So it looks as if a different Python is picked up when running SCons.
> Do you have several versions installed, especially a 2.6.6? It might also be a mix of 32bit vs 64bit...I'm not sure. For now it just
> doesn't look like an SCons bug to me.

The nice thing about SCons at this point is that it is written in python
and that all your SConscript files are written in python as well.
Therefore you can write something like
import pdb; pdb.set_trace()
EnsurePythonVersion(2, 7)

and see what actually happens.
Using the python debugger is documented here:
https://docs.python.org/2/library/pdb.html

Best regards
Michael

--