[Scons-users] feature request

Stefan Seefeld stefan at seefeld.name
Thu Dec 24 00:55:18 EST 2015

Hello,

I'm in the process of evaluating the possibility to migrate a Boost
project from Boost.Build (http://www.boost.org/build) to SCons.
One of the interesting features of Boost.Build is its use of a portable
"feature" taxonomy: Users specify that they want their code to be
compiled using a particular feature ("multi-threaded", "optimized",
"with exception enabled", etc.), and Boost.Build translates that to the
appropriate compiler flags, for all supported compilers.

Does anything like that exist for SCons ? In other words, how portably
can I write my SCons-based build system while still having some control
over the compilation characteristics ?

Thanks,
        Stefan