[Scons-users] Support of the isystem option for gcc

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sun Oct 19 06:18:53 EDT 2014

Hi Paul,

thanks a lot for following my call, and coming over to our mailing list.
Sorry that I didn't answer earlier, but life and work demanded their
toll the last weeks. ;)

On 15.10.2014 10:52, Paul Grégoire wrote:
> Thank you for your answer, I looked at the Pull Request and I think
> this does not address the same goal, as mentioned by Dirk.
> My goal is to add support of isystem in the Sconscript, and manage
> system include directories like standard include directories : add
> them after the standard include dirs and add them in the C parser to
> check dependencies.

What would be your personal preference? We could:

1.) Add this to the SCons core sources directly: This would require to
have proper docs and tests for it ( see
http://scons.org/wiki/DeveloperGuide/Introduction ), and we would have
to figure out how to wrap or amend the current CCFLAGS stuff (and related).

2.) You could wrap your current source into a Tool, put it up to a
public repository and then list it as "isystem" on our external module
page at http://scons.org/wiki/ToolsIndex . This would mean: less
restrictions about the package itself (it is still *good* to have docs
and tests, but not mandatory), but users would have to download your
Tool separately.