[Scons-users] "Unknown compiler version" with MS VC 12.0

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Tue Oct 14 15:07:53 EDT 2014

Dan,

As far as I can tell (grepping scons sources) the message " Unknown
compiler version - please run the configure tests and report the results"
doesn't come from SCons.

Are you trying to build a package you downloaded which uses SCons to built
itself?
When you say "setting MSVC_VERSION=’12.0’ in Environment", do you mean
env['MSVC_VERSION']='12.0'? or export MSVC_VERSION='12.0'?

-Bill