[Scons-users] "Unknown compiler version" with MS VC 12.0

Pidcock, Dan DPidcock at easyscreen.com
Wed Oct 15 04:45:22 EDT 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: Scons-users [mailto:scons-users-bounces at scons.org] On Behalf Of Bill Deegan
Sent: 14 October 2014 20:08
To: SCons users mailing list
Subject: Re: [Scons-users] "Unknown compiler version" with MS VC 12.0

Dan,

As far as I can tell (grepping scons sources) the message " Unknown compiler version - please run the configure tests and report the results" doesn't come from SCons.

Are you trying to build a package you downloaded which uses SCons to built itself?

When you say "setting MSVC_VERSION=’12.0’ in Environment", do you mean env['MSVC_VERSION']='12.0'? or export MSVC_VERSION='12.0'?

-Bill

Thanks Bill - Dirk has identified this as a Boost problem.
Sorry!

Dan

This e-mail was sent to you by EASYSCREEN LIMITED (EASYSCREEN). We are incorporated under the laws of England and Wales (company no. 05677531 and VAT registration no. 872810613). Our registered office is at 155 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 3TQ. This e-mail and/or any attached documents may contain privileged and confidential information and should only be read by those persons to whom this e-mail is addressed. Use by other than intended recipients is prohibited. If you are not the addressee, you must not copy, distribute, disclose or use any of the information in it. If you have received it in error, please delete it and immediately notify the sender. EASYSCREEN reserves the right to monitor all e-mail messages passing through its network. As we cannot guarantee the genuineness, accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this message, the statements set forth are not legally binding.