[Scons-users] Good example of using scons for packaging, configuration, installing

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sun Jul 13 16:54:25 EDT 2014

Hi,

On 10.07.2014 22:18, mulhern wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm looking for an example where scons is used not just in place of
> make, but in place of the entire autotools chain. I checked out scons
> itself, in hopes that it would provide an outstanding textbook example
> of an sconstruct file.
>
> In particular, I was interested in examples of packaging and possibly
> figuring out how the Package() command is implemented for different
> packagers in case I wanted to implement such for yet another packager.

I can't point you to a "golden example" directly, but just wanted to
mention that we have a list of open-source projects using SCons in our Wiki:

   http://scons.org/wiki/SconsProjects

Maybe you can check some of the larger ones (ascend, blender, mapnik,
lumiera come to mind...but there may be others), and see which of their
approaches appeals to you.