[Scons-users] scon for windows 64 bit

Ronex Dicapriyo ronex_89 at yahoo.in
Sun Jul 6 04:24:45 EDT 2014

Hello,

I have installed scon in windows using the "setup.py install" command.
Trying with the scon's installer file it throws an error "no python found in the registry", However in my system I have installed python-2.7.6 using 64-bit installer file downloaded from python.org.

After this when I tried to build c++ application (HelloWorld), I noticed that scons tries to pick 32 bit compiler of msvc.

So, I tried with forcefully providing the location of 64 bit compiler:
CXX = r'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin\amd64\cl.exe'

But however it doesn't work ?

Does SCons is supported for windows 63 bit, and How do I suppose to build a simple application ?

What is proper way to set compiler, linker ?