[Scons-users] scons 'Install' builder could not recognize file changed

Ronex Dicapriyo ronex_89 at yahoo.in
Thu Jul 3 23:20:54 EDT 2014

Hello dirk,

Thanks for reply.

On Friday, 4 July 2014 1:52 AM, Dirk Bächle <tshortik at gmx.de> wrote:

you are calling SCons with the explicit target "main", so the Default() targets don't get selected. Please also check section 10.3 "Command-Line Targets" in the UserGuide.
>If you remove the funny "sys.argv" guard in your top-level
    SConstruct and call "scons" without any additional arguments, the
    Install builder works as expected.
I wasn't aware about COMMAND_LINE_TARGETS variable. However even if I tried to use it, It produceses same behavior:
I have replaced "sys.argv" usage with following:
    if 'main' in COMMAND_LINE_TARGETS:

Certainly this example can be done in much more simpler way, But I have tried to produce the scenario which I faced while implementing scons build scripts for a big project, where using command line targets is normal.

1) Is there any way that I can add explicit dependency on alias_target of sum (i.e. 'install', [copy_file_1, copy_file_2, sum_lib]). This will make sure to copy file. Allowing execution of Default targets of SConscript sum and mul using main target in the command line explicitly.

2) I noticed in documents for Default function it uses directly, without any object.
    Which is the right way to use : Default() or env.Default() ?

Because you're using the VariantDir option with duplicate=0, SCons includes the variant dirs as well as the source folders. The actual library file could exist in either one of them, or both.Is there any way to avoid this, using the VariantDir in a way I have used, rather then using it in SConscript funcion call ?

Best regards,
Ronex