[Scons-users] scons 'Install' builder could not recognize file changed

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Thu Jul 3 16:22:27 EDT 2014

Ronex,

On 03.07.2014 20:54, Ronex Dicapriyo wrote:
> PFA example.
>

> On , Ronex Dicapriyo <ronex_89 at yahoo.in> wrote:
>

> PFA for the sample example.
> 1) Use "scons -Q main", If after  building you edit text file present
> under sum/dir/text_1 and then recompile using main, It doesn't copies
> the changed file.

you are calling SCons with the explicit target "main", so the Default()
targets don't get selected. Please also check section 10.3 "Command-Line
Targets" in the UserGuide.
If you remove the funny "sys.argv" guard in your top-level SConstruct
and call "scons" without any additional arguments, the Install builder
works as expected.

> 2) I also noticed that in the LIBPATH it uses src directory explicitly
> although it's not present or provided in LIBPATH variable:
>
> g++ -o main/bin/main main/bin/main.o -Lsum/lib -Lsum/src -Lmul/lib
> -Lmul/src -lsum -lmul
>
> why ?

Because you're using the VariantDir option with duplicate=0, SCons
includes the variant dirs as well as the source folders. The actual
library file could exist in either one of them, or both.