[Scons-users] Wiki not working

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Tue Dec 9 14:15:13 EST 2014

On 09.12.2014 19:57, Bill Deegan wrote:
> Dirk,
>
> The real problem is that this particular wiki spikes the CPU usage on
> our free server and if it stays too long too high cpu, they shut it
> down. Then we need to figure out if it was hacked (again) and if not
> convince them that it's safe to put back online.

Got that now. Thanks for the additional info.

> The approveChanges is (unfortunately since it would be easier to solve
> as you suggest) a secondary issue.
>
> The options are:
> a) migrate to other wiki software (which we manage and run on same
> server, possibly open to the same problem)
> b) migrate to some other hosted solution (wiki on bitbucket, or other)
>
> I'm heavily favoring b, as keeping said software secure and up to date
> is really a waste of all/any of our time at this point. Better to
> spend that time on SCons or other infrastructure.
>
> Thoughts?

My gut feeling tells me that we'll get hacked either way...but if you
have some more insight about how alternatives would be more secure,
that's fine with me. I just didn't want to switch for the only reason of
having a neglected approval queue, and that was my first impression.
Sorry for the noise...