[Scons-users] Implicit cache error after running a successful build

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Thu Oct 31 04:01:37 EDT 2013

Hi Matías,

On 30.10.2013 18:48, Matias Iturburu wrote:

> Hello list.

> I have a Builder to run Astyle (http://astyle.sourceforge.net/) to my

> builds.

> Thing is recently I've started getting this message when I try running it:

> [...]

> ipdb> n

> scons: *** [biopp:astyle] Implicit dependency

> `projects/biopp/bio_molecular.H' not found, needed by target

> `biopp:astyle'.

> Which is relevant as the offending file

> (*projects/biopp/bio_molecular.H*) exists in my source but with the

> appropriate lowercase *h *and after following the traceback I don't

> see where the path gets mangled.

> So my question is: What is this "implicit dependency" thing, how it

> works and how do I get it to tell me what is happening with my files?

"implicit dependency" means that SCons has scanned the source files for
your "astyle" target(s) and detected that one of them includes the
header file "bio_molecular.H". If you want to get rid of this error, you
should search though your sources for the offending line and correct it
to "bio_molecular.h" (with lower capital "h").