[Scons-users] Trouble building a qt based project.

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Mon Oct 7 17:12:50 EDT 2013

On 07.10.2013 22:43, Matias Iturburu wrote:

> These are the remaining issues:

> - RCC still can't solve the image paths

> /usr/bin/rcc -root

> /home/matias/Proyectos/fudepan-build/build/PrecisionFarm/farming-guidance-system-src/uiDirector

> -name images

> build/PrecisionFarm/farming-guidance-system-src/uiDirector/images.qrc

> -o

> build/PrecisionFarm/farming-guidance-system-src/uiDirector/qrc_images.cc

> RCC: Error in

> 'build/PrecisionFarm/farming-guidance-system-src/uiDirector/images.qrc':

> *Cannot find file 'res/images/red_arrow.png'*

> scons: ***

> [build/PrecisionFarm/farming-guidance-system-src/uiDirector/qrc_images.cc]

> Error 1

> scons: building terminated because of errors.

Looks like your argument to "root" is the wrong path. It points into
your build directory, but shouldn't it refer to your source folder,
where "res/images/red_arrow.png" can actually be found?

> - Using absolute paths to workaround that behavior. I can attempt to

> MOC some objects as indicated in the first response. This is how it

> looks like:

> env.ExplicitMoc4(

> 'uiDirector/src/qtDisplayCoordinator.cpp',

> 'uiDirector/uiDirector/qtDisplayCoordinator.h'

> )

> env.ExplicitMoc4(

> 'uiDirector/src/deviationAreaWidget.cpp',

> 'uiDirector/uiDirector/deviationAreaWidget.h'

> )

Usually you would name your Moc results something like "moc_*.cpp". This
setup might work for you, as long as no conflicting CPP file
"deviationAreaWidget.cpp" is in "uiDirector/src", but it will confuse
other users...you might want to change this and rename the files.

> Now, this still fails to link with an awful wall of text. you can

> check it at http://pastebin.com/9nzDLQtb. This looks like an error

> after some mangling, here is a snippet:

> (.data.rel.ro._ZTIN12NSUIDirector20QTDisplayCoordinatorE[typeinfo for

> NSUIDirector::QTDisplayCoordinator]+0x18): undefined reference to

> `typeinfo for QWidget'

> Any pointers?

I think it's the same error as before , but now for the $LIBS variable.
Your linker messages indicate that libqtmain and libQtGui* don't get
linked. Ensure for all the variables you set within in your framework
(CPPPATH, LIBPATH, LIBS,...), that
they get properly merged with the values coming from definitions within
the SConstruct/SConscript files.
This is required to make your extension work together with any SCons
Tool, not only Qt4.

Regards,