[Scons-users] Trouble building a qt based project.

Matias Iturburu matias.iturburu at tallertechnologies.com
Mon Oct 7 16:43:32 EDT 2013

2013/10/7 Matias Iturburu <matias.iturburu at tallertechnologies.com>

> 2013/10/7 Dirk Bächle <tshortik at gmx.de>

>> On 07.10.2013 19:58, Matias Iturburu wrote:

>> Hi Dirk.

>> Thanks for your quick response. My comments inline

>> [...]

>> Prints:

>> /usr/include/qt4 /usr/include/qt4/QtCore /usr/include/qt4/QtGui

>> Okay, so "pkg-config" basically works and the EnableQt4Modules() call

>> too. I'm shooting in the dark here, but is it possible that your build

>> framework overwrites the $CPPPATH as initialized by the Qt Tool?

> Yeah, it's quite possible.

>> Please, add the env.subst() line from the test, right into your original

>> SConstruct after the call to EnableQt4Modules() and check that the paths

>> are setup correctly.

>> I've cloned your fudepan-build repo and probably still don't quite get

>> how it works...but in

>> "core_components.py::ObjectComponent::_createObjectBuilder()" for example,

>> I see that the CPPPATH gets assigned to self.GetIncludePaths(), which

>> itself comes from the CreateObject() call right?

>> I can't find a place where you actually merge the CPPPATH flags from the

>> initialization phase (Qt4) with your settings for the Objects/programs you

>> want to create...

> Didn't have the need to look at it until now, although we use the tool

> quite often in fudepan, we don't have much qt-based projects.

> Naively *Append*ing the include_paths to the CPPPATH give a lot of

> garbage. Will see what I can come up with.

This is now solved.

These are the remaining issues:

- RCC still can't solve the image paths
/usr/bin/rcc -root
/home/matias/Proyectos/fudepan-build/build/PrecisionFarm/farming-guidance-system-src/uiDirector
-name images
build/PrecisionFarm/farming-guidance-system-src/uiDirector/images.qrc -o
build/PrecisionFarm/farming-guidance-system-src/uiDirector/qrc_images.cc
RCC: Error in
'build/PrecisionFarm/farming-guidance-system-src/uiDirector/images.qrc':
*Cannot
find file 'res/images/red_arrow.png'*
scons: ***
[build/PrecisionFarm/farming-guidance-system-src/uiDirector/qrc_images.cc]
Error 1

- Using absolute paths to workaround that behavior. I can attempt to MOC
some objects as indicated in the first response. This is how it looks like:

env.ExplicitMoc4(
'uiDirector/src/qtDisplayCoordinator.cpp',
'uiDirector/uiDirector/qtDisplayCoordinator.h'
)
env.ExplicitMoc4(
'uiDirector/src/deviationAreaWidget.cpp',
'uiDirector/uiDirector/deviationAreaWidget.h'
)

Now, this still fails to link with an awful wall of text. you can check it
at http://pastebin.com/9nzDLQtb. This looks like an error after some
mangling, here is a snippet:
(.data.rel.ro._ZTIN12NSUIDirector20QTDisplayCoordinatorE[typeinfo for
NSUIDirector::QTDisplayCoordinator]+0x18): undefined reference to `typeinfo
for QWidget'

Any pointers?