[Scons-users] Trouble building a qt based project.

Matias Iturburu matias.iturburu at tallertechnologies.com
Tue Oct 15 18:30:39 EDT 2013

2013/10/7 Dirk Bächle <tshortik at gmx.de>

> On 07.10.2013 22:43, Matias Iturburu wrote:

> These are the remaining issues:

> - RCC still can't solve the image paths

> /usr/bin/rcc -root

> /home/matias/Proyectos/fudepan-build/build/PrecisionFarm/farming-guidance-system-src/uiDirector

> -name images

> build/PrecisionFarm/farming-guidance-system-src/uiDirector/images.qrc -o

> build/PrecisionFarm/farming-guidance-system-src/uiDirector/qrc_images.cc

> RCC: Error in

> 'build/PrecisionFarm/farming-guidance-system-src/uiDirector/images.qrc': *Cannot

> find file 'res/images/red_arrow.png'*

> scons: ***

> [build/PrecisionFarm/farming-guidance-system-src/uiDirector/qrc_images.cc]

> Error 1

> scons: building terminated because of errors.

> Looks like your argument to "root" is the wrong path. It points into your

> build directory, but shouldn't it refer to your source folder, where

> "res/images/red_arrow.png" can actually be found?

Why isn't SCons copying those files as it does with every other build
artifact?
Shouldn't the tool handle this?
How could I tell SCons how to treat those resources?

> - Using absolute paths to workaround that behavior. I can attempt to

> MOC some objects as indicated in the first response. This is how it looks

> like:

> env.ExplicitMoc4(

> 'uiDirector/src/qtDisplayCoordinator.cpp',

> 'uiDirector/uiDirector/qtDisplayCoordinator.h'

> )

> env.ExplicitMoc4(

> 'uiDirector/src/deviationAreaWidget.cpp',

> 'uiDirector/uiDirector/deviationAreaWidget.h'

> )

> Usually you would name your Moc results something like "moc_*.cpp". This

> setup might work for you, as long as no conflicting CPP file

> "deviationAreaWidget.cpp" is in "uiDirector/src", but it will confuse other

> users...you might want to change this and rename the files.

> Now, this still fails to link with an awful wall of text. you can check

> it at http://pastebin.com/9nzDLQtb. This looks like an error after some

> mangling, here is a snippet:

> (.data.rel.ro._ZTIN12NSUIDirector20QTDisplayCoordinatorE[typeinfo for

> NSUIDirector::QTDisplayCoordinator]+0x18): undefined reference to `typeinfo

> for QWidget'

> Any pointers?

> I think it's the same error as before , but now for the $LIBS variable.

> Your linker messages indicate that libqtmain and libQtGui* don't get

> linked. Ensure for all the variables you set within in your framework

> (CPPPATH, LIBPATH, LIBS,...), that

> they get properly merged with the values coming from definitions within

> the SConstruct/SConscript files.

> This is required to make your extension work together with any SCons Tool,

> not only Qt4.

> Regards,

> Dirk

<http://www.tallertechnologies.com>
Matías Iturburu
Software Engineer

*San Lorenzo 47, 3rd Floor, Office 5
Córdoba, Argentina

*
*Phone: +54 351 4217888 / +54 351 4218211
Skype: matias.iturburu*