[Scons-users] Trouble building a qt based project.

Matias Iturburu matias.iturburu at tallertechnologies.com
Mon Oct 7 14:30:48 EDT 2013

2013/10/7 Dirk Bächle <tshortik at gmx.de>

> On 07.10.2013 19:58, Matias Iturburu wrote:

> Hi Dirk.

> Thanks for your quick response. My comments inline

> [...]

> Prints:

> /usr/include/qt4 /usr/include/qt4/QtCore /usr/include/qt4/QtGui

> Okay, so "pkg-config" basically works and the EnableQt4Modules() call too.

> I'm shooting in the dark here, but is it possible that your build framework

> overwrites the $CPPPATH as initialized by the Qt Tool?

Yeah, it's quite possible.

> Please, add the env.subst() line from the test, right into your original

> SConstruct after the call to EnableQt4Modules() and check that the paths

> are setup correctly.

> I've cloned your fudepan-build repo and probably still don't quite get how

> it works...but in

> "core_components.py::ObjectComponent::_createObjectBuilder()" for example,

> I see that the CPPPATH gets assigned to self.GetIncludePaths(), which

> itself comes from the CreateObject() call right?

> I can't find a place where you actually merge the CPPPATH flags from the

> initialization phase (Qt4) with your settings for the Objects/programs you

> want to create...

Didn't have the need to look at it until now, although we use the tool
quite often in fudepan, we don't have much qt-based projects.
Naively *Append*ing the include_paths to the CPPPATH give a lot of garbage.
Will see what I can come up with.

Thank you very much for taking the time to look at our code!

> Dirk

<http://www.tallertechnologies.com>
Matías Iturburu
Software Engineer

*San Lorenzo 47, 3rd Floor, Office 5
Córdoba, Argentina

*
*Phone: +54 351 4217888 / +54 351 4218211
Skype: matias.iturburu*