[Scons-users] is SCons for py3(qt)+cffi+Sphinx project

Strand, Kyle J kyle.strand at beckman.com
Wed May 8 17:20:14 EDT 2013

I've been using Dirk Baechle's Qt4 and Qt5 Scons modules (https://bitbucket.org/dirkbaechle/scons_qt4 and https://bitbucket.org/dirkbaechle/scons_qt5 respectively), and they seem to work quite well, and I'd expect that you may appreciate much of the flexibility and control provided by SCons.

That said, if your project is primarily Qt-based, it may be worth looking into QMake, which is of course built to handle Qt code quite well.

On a tangential note, personally, I'm not sure I'd recommend spending time learning Qt4 if you're planning to transition to Qt5 immediately thereafter; although Qt4 code is largely compatible with Qt5, it seems that if you're starting from scratch, it's probably best to use a more Qt5-oriented paradigm.
Kyle Strand, Software Intern
Beckman Coulter, Inc., Life Sciences Division
4862 Innovation Drive, Fort Collins, Colorado, 80525
(970) 204-7036