[Scons-users] is SCons for py3(qt)+cffi+Sphinx project

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Wed May 8 02:56:41 EDT 2013

Hello,

I plan to work on py3(qt) project (multi platform desktop gui) which has to
use bindings for some 3rd party C lib for which we would provide bindings via
cffi lib. Moreover, the user manual (HTML &PDF) has to be built using rest/sphinx.

In the beginning I'll start with Qt4 to become familiar enough with
before jumping to Qt5.

Is SCons suitable for such project or it is overkill?

In the past I also considered using Bento as package manager, but not sure
what is the status of its integrated builder 'cause we are not so inspired to
use Bento's waf back-end and there is no support for SCons 'cause, according
to its author, SCons is not meant to be used as lib.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Before giving up this present body, if one is able to tolerate
the urges of the material senses and check the force of desire and