[Scons-users] is SCons for py3(qt)+cffi+Sphinx project

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Thu May 9 03:50:08 EDT 2013

On Wed, 8 May 2013 21:20:14 +0000
"Strand, Kyle J" <kyle.strand at beckman.com> wrote:

> I've been using Dirk Baechle's Qt4 and Qt5 Scons modules

> (https://bitbucket.org/dirkbaechle/scons_qt4 and

> https://bitbucket.org/dirkbaechle/scons_qt5 respectively),

But those are for Qt & C++, while I'm interesting for PyQT?

> and they seem to work quite well, and I'd expect that you may appreciate

> much of the flexibility and control provided by SCons.

That's true indeed and I believe I'll settle on SCons seeing one can do a lot
with it and believe we won't hit the speed wall.

> On a tangential note, personally, I'm not sure I'd recommend spending

> time learning Qt4 if you're planning to transition to Qt5 immediately

> thereafter; although Qt4 code is largely compatible with Qt5, it

> seems that if you're starting from scratch, it's probably best to use

> a more Qt5-oriented paradigm.

I was also thinking similarly and asked on PyQT list where Phil responded that
the difference between Qt4 & Qt5 is not so big Python-wise and considering I
own nice PyQt book he suggested to start learning PyQt4 until I become
familiar enough to spot the differences and then switch. Sounds reasonable.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Therefore, without being attached to the fruits of activities,
one should act as a matter of duty, for by working without