[Scons-users] Segmentation faults in scons-2.2.0

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Thu Aug 15 03:05:28 EDT 2013

Hi Chris,

On 15.08.2013 05:58, Chris Irvine wrote:

> I wish to run Madagascar and I have python-2.6.2.3 running on my

> Interix 6.1 system. Madagascar requires scons. The Madagasscar

> configure script tried to load scons automatically and failed to

> configure Madagascar. I tried to manually install scons using the

> python setup.py install command. It seemed to work with no error

> messages. However, when I run scons, it always ends with a

> segmentation error and a core dump (even with scons --c command). As

> well, I don't see a file created named site_scons.

> [...]

> Any suggestions on how to narrow down the problem? Are there ways to

> analyze the core dump?

I'm sorry to hear that you seem to have trouble getting SCons to work
properly. Here are a few first suggestions to narrow down the problem a bit:

1.) Does "scons -H" crash too?
2.) What output do you get from "scons" when you call it in an empty
folder (no SConstruct, no files, no anything)?
3.) SCons has a "--debug=pdb" option which re-runs it in the
debugger. You might get a backtrace there, and see in which
module/method the segfault happens.