[Scons-users] Tool exists?

Pawel Tomulik ptomulik at meil.pw.edu.pl
Fri Apr 19 10:14:16 EDT 2013

Hi,

SCons tools provide exists() methods to verify if preconditions for a
given tool to be loaded are met (http://scons.org/wiki/ToolsForFools).

Assume, I'm a developer of a tool X, which depends on tool Y. It's not
known whether Y is in SCons core (SCons.Tool.Y), installed in
site_scons/site_tools/ or elsewhere but I know its name. What should
be then the proper way to check if all conditions for tool Y to be
loaded are met (to call its exists()) method?

The goal is to switch between two possiblie configurations of tool X
(in X.genereate()) depending on existence (availability) of tool Y
and eventually load automatically Y if it is available.

Best regards!
--
Pawel Tomulik