[Scons-users] Expansion of $(..$) text in RPATH

Tom Tanner (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) ttanner2 at bloomberg.net
Fri Apr 19 07:11:09 EDT 2013

I have a situation where I want to put something in RPATH which doesn't go into the dependency calculations.

I thought I could do something along the lines of env.Append(RPATH='$(stuff/$)libdir')

with the intention of the command line containing

-R stuff/libdir

but the signature only containing

-R libdir

but that appears to completely drop the $( and the $) before it gets to the point where the signature is calculated, which makes my cache not very useful. Is there anything I can do to keep the $( $) till they are needed?