[Scons-users] build works on linux but not windows

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Thu Sep 13 08:09:06 EDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 12:22 AM, William Roberts
<bill.c.roberts at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a build that works on Linux, but not on windows. Their is a

> dependency that a executable be made as part of the build, as that

> executable is then used in the build process as a tool for other

> things. On linux this gets picked up correctly but on windows it does

> not. I am trying to diagnose what I did wrong or if this is an issue

> with scons.

Just a guess, and I haven't downloaded your repo, but many times on
Windows if people use pathnames for executables they forget to use
$EXESUFFIX so SCons thinks the build depends on 'foo' when the actual
executable is called 'foo.exe'. Best to use the return value from the
Program() builder rather than a string name. Hope that helps;

--
Gary