[Scons-users] "install" with link?

Joanne Bogart jrb at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Sep 13 19:02:35 EDT 2012

Hi,
We install various files needed at run-time. On Linux platforms we also
install headers, however this means that the copy of a header which a
developer sees in gdb is not necessarily the right one to modify. Just
as --duplicate allows me to specify how files should be duplicated in
the build tree; I would like some feature which would let me tell
Install( ) whether copy, symbolic link or hard link should be used.
Probably it should be specifiable per Install( ) instead of or in
addition to a global switch. Is there some feature like this that I
missed? If not, could it be added?

thanks,
Joanne