[Scons-users] SCons will be a featured project of the week on sourceforge for the week of 12/17/2012 !

William Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Thu Dec 13 19:10:35 EST 2012

Dear SourceForge project admin,

Your project will be featured on the front page of SourceForge.net
<http://SourceForge.net> for the week of December 17, 2012. Projects are
chosen based on a variety of considerations, such as recent releases,
interesting blog activity, or other related things.

Front page features tend to result in increased traffic to your project
page, so you may want to take this opportunity to make sure you have the
latest project description, screenshots, and project logo.

Also, since I know that several of you have more than one project, I've
listed all the featured projects below (in no particular order - the
list is random order on the front page), so that you'll know which one,
and who you'll be sharing the page with.

Finally, if you're still running the Classic SourceForge, and haven't
upgraded yet, I'm sure you've already received email from me about that,
so forgive me bugging you again, but this would be a great time to make
that move.

If you'd like to have a guest blog post this week, please let me know.
This can be something you've already written on your project blog, or
new content, as you prefer. You can contact me at rbowen at sourceforge.net
<mailto:rbowen at sourceforge.net>

Thanks for being part of the SourceForge community!

--Rich, for the SourceForge community team

OpenMediaVault: OpenMediaVault is the next generation network attached
storage (NAS) solution based on Debian Linux. It contains services like
SSH, (S)FTP, SMB/CIFS, DAAP media server, RSync, BitTorrent client and
many more. Thanks to the modular design of the framework it can be
enhanced via plugins. OpenMediaVault is primarily designed to be used
in home environments or small home offices, but is not limited to those
scenarios. It is a simple and easy to use out-of-the-box solution that
will allow everyone to install and administrate a Network Attached
Storage without deeper knowledge.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openmediavault

Free Download Manager: Using this free download manager and accelerator,
you can download files and complete web sites up to 6 times faster than
before. Also we plan to port it to Linux and Mac OS.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/freedownload

jBPM: jBPM is a business process management system. The light-weight,
embeddable engine can execute native BPMN2. jBPM offers eclipse-based
and web-based tooling for developers and business users to create,
monitor and manage your processes. http://sourceforge.net/projects/jbpm

Bridge Linux: Arch Linux made easy.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/bridgelinux

Quite Universal Circuit Simulator: Qucs is a circuit simulator with
graphical user interface. The software aims to support all kinds of
circuit simulation types, e.g. DC, AC, S-parameter, Transient, Noise and
Harmonic Balance analysis. Pure digital simulations are also supported.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/qucs

Bacula: Bacula is a set of computer programs that permit managing
backup, recovery, and verification of computer data across a network of
computers of different kinds. Based on SourceForge downloads, Bacula is
the most popular Open Source backup program.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/bacula

VDrift: A free racing simulator with excellent physics and graphics.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/vdrift

SCons - a Software Construction tool: SCons is a software construction
tool (build tool, substitute for Make) implemented in Python, based on
the winning design in the Software Carpentry build tool competition (in
turn based on the Cons build tool). http://sourceforge.net/projects/scons

GTK+ for Windows Runtime Environment: The files required to run GTK+
applications on Windows http://sourceforge.net/projects/gtk-win