[Scons-users] Which is the earliest scons version supporting VC++10?

Saurabh Bhatnagar saurabh.b.bhatnagar at oracle.com
Thu Dec 20 03:42:11 EST 2012

Hi Users,

We are upgrading to VC++10(32 ,64), but need to support builds using VC7(32 bit) and VC8(64bit).

We have modified existing compiler detection scons custom code using

msvc_ver=env['MSVC_COMPILER']

Is this the right variable or do we have some other more accurate variable like CXX that has value like 10?

def DevDetectPlatform(env):

""" Autodetect current platform.

scons plat=PLAT will overide it.

"""

plat=ARGUMENTS.get('plat', None)

cc=ARGUMENTS.get('cc', None)

bit=ARGUMENTS.get('bit', '32')

if not (plat):

#We do not use environment platform anymore

if (os.environ.get('PLAT',None)):

print ("scons: WARNING: Ignoring system environment PLAT=%s" %os.environ.get('PLAT',None))

# figure out using the machine information

if (sys.platform == 'win32'):

(major,minor,build,platform,pack)=sys.getwindowsversion()

#WIN2K

if (major == 5 and minor == 0):

plat='NT40_INTEL'

#XP or WIN2003, set both as for 2003

#use V10 for all VC++10, V8 for 64 and V7 for 32

elif (major == 5 and (minor == 1 or minor == 2)):

plat='WIN2K3'

#there is another env variable named close to this, may want to change this

msvc_ver=env['MSVC_COMPILER']

if msvc_ver == '10':

cc='V10'

elif bit == '64':