[IGDA_indies] Start-Up Information

Thomas H. Buscaglia thb at gameattorney.com
Tue Aug 23 12:10:29 EDT 2005

I thought I sent this in yesterday...but since I see no evidence f
it...here are a few game dev B&L (that's business and legal) resources.

Tom Sloper has a bunch of Game Development related articles on his site
sloperama.com.
http://sloperama.com/advice.html

Dan Marchant  also has some stuff on his site here -
http://www.obscure.co.uk/industry.shtml
and here - http://www.obscure.co.uk/articles.shtml

There is a series of articles on start up developer related stuff on my
site - http://www.intelaw.com/pages/game.html

ANd you can also check out my GameDevKit at www.gamedevkit.com

Hope that helps...

Tom Buscaglia
The Game Attorney

At 04:58 AM 8/23/2005, you wrote:
>El lun, 22-08-2005 a las 21:47, Infinite Possibilities escribió:
>>
>>Heh, actually I think, "everything" about covers what I am looking for. ;-)
>>
>>It just seems that for every step we take forward, we end up taking two
>>backward because of our own ignorance of the subject, lol normal
>>business stuff I am sure. For instance. We were able to find a couple of
>>3D artists to do the models for us. Unfortunately I was under the
>>impression that an Artist draws, but neither one of them could draw. I
>Yes, that happens. Usually modellers dont draw and no matter how detailed
>you put what you want in words, they wont get it. Thats why you need a
>concept artist. Often modellers dont make textures, so you need somebody
>to skin the models, and maybe another modeller to animate the already made
>models.
>

>--
>Roger D. Vargas
>Linux user #180787
>dsgp.blogspot.com
>* No hay nada tan importante que no pueda ser olvidado *
>Alzheimer

¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤
Thomas H. Buscaglia, Esquire
The Game Attorney
T. H. Buscaglia and Associates
80 Southwest 8th Street
Suite 2100 - Brickell Bayview Center
Miami, FL  33130
Tel (305) 324-6000
Fax (305) 324-1111
Toll Free 888-848-GLAW
http://www.gameattorney.com

Confidential:  This email contains communications protected by the
attorney-client privilege.  If you do not expect such a communication from
Thomas H. Buscaglia, please delete this message without reading it or any
attachment, and then notify Mr. Buscaglia at thb at intelaw.com of this
inadvertent misdelivery.