[IGDA_indies] Start-Up Information

alvin yap nexgenstudio at asia.com
Tue Aug 23 00:08:00 EDT 2005

well, sometimes u just have to follow nike's slogan 'just do it'.

there's a small article i wrote on startups n govt handouts:
http://www.igda.org/Forums/showthread.php?s=fcfea255c9dac79f9755f44dc1576a3b&threadid=17856

may not be too relevant as its very 'localized', but none the less gives
some knowledge abt other indie communities.

i don't think there is an official document on indie sales figures. not
sure if this is something igda will be interested to poll like wht they
do with annual salary figures.

we started out doing pc developments, now moving to mobile. from 1 man
shop, now we got 5 full time guys over 2.5 yrs. most of our money come
from contract development, we strongly feel original titles will be the
big 'winner' if done right, so we have 2 teams working on contracts and
new IP.

we have reached a stage where some peeps are actually interested to
explore funding wht we are doing.

good luck.

--
Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com