[IGDA_indies] Suggestions

Ben Sawyer indies@igda.org
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 13:42:55 -0500

Yeah the Action Pak is an AMAZING deal.  Highly recommended.

-----Original Message-----
From: indies-admin@igda.org [mailto:indies-admin@igda.org] On Behalf Of =
Tom
Spilman
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2004 1:31 PM
To: indies@igda.org
Subject: RE: [IGDA_indies] Suggestions

> 1) A major problem that indies often seem to struggle with is
> finding affordable tools and services when they have no=20
> money. I would like to see some form of "$100 & Under"=20
> listing of helpful game development/business related tools,=20
> software, etc.=20

  Speaking of, people are probably not aware of Microsoft's Action Pack.

http://members.microsoft.com/partner/salesmarketing/partnermarket/action
pack/actionpack_standard.aspx

  If your looking for 10 licenses for the latest versions of WinXP, =
Office,
Project, Visio, and others it's hard to beat $299.  The only caveats are
that the software is only for internal use ( for example you can't run a
public web server with it or resell it ) and it's a subscription so you =
must
renew to continue to use the licenses legally. Still if you need a =
couple of
these products and consider yearly upgrade costs it can be quite a deal =
for
some.

  Tom