[IGDA_indies] Suggestions

Tom Spilman indies@igda.org
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 12:30:49 -0600

> 1) A major problem that indies often seem to struggle with is
> finding affordable tools and services when they have no
> money. I would like to see some form of "$100 & Under"
> listing of helpful game development/business related tools,
> software, etc.

  Speaking of, people are probably not aware of Microsoft's Action Pack.

http://members.microsoft.com/partner/salesmarketing/partnermarket/action
pack/actionpack_standard.aspx

  If your looking for 10 licenses for the latest versions of WinXP,
Office, Project, Visio, and others it's hard to beat $299.  The only
caveats are that the software is only for internal use ( for example you
can't run a public web server with it or resell it ) and it's a
subscription so you must renew to continue to use the licenses legally.
Still if you need a couple of these products and consider yearly upgrade
costs it can be quite a deal for some.

  Tom