[IGDA_indies] Suggestions

Ted Southard indies@igda.org
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 13:30:57 -0500

I dunno about "$100 and under", but there's plenty of cheap tools out there
and it would be very helpful for a site to contain a listing of as many of
the free/low-cost tools out there(maybe even broken down into categories
like database, office sw, 2d sw, 3d sw, programming, etc).

Ted Southard
DigitalFlux Entertainment, LLC
Ted@DigitalFlux.com
http://www.DigitalFlux.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tron-sama [Brandii]" <tron_sama@sailormoon.com>
To: <indies@igda.org>
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2004 12:49 PM
Subject: [IGDA_indies] Suggestions

> Hello, long-time lurker here, I had a couple of suggestions:
>
> 1) A major problem that indies often seem to struggle with is finding
affordable tools and services when they have no money. I would like to see
some form of "$100 & Under" listing of helpful game development/business
related tools, software, etc.

> Many people list cheap tools and services on places like 'gamedev.net',
but in order to find them later you have to wade through news articles. It
would be nice if they could simply add them to a searchable database. This
would also provide the bonus of free advertising for indie game-tools devs.

> 2) People have been talking about spreading flyers and such as a means of
advertisement - could we capitalize on this idea for the indie sig by
passing out 'indie dev sig' flyers at the GDC this year?