[IGDA_indies] Suggestions

Tron-sama [Brandii] indies@igda.org
Sat, 07 Feb 2004 01:49:42 +0800

Hello, long-time lurker here, I had a couple of suggestions:

1) A major problem that indies often seem to struggle with is finding affordable tools and services when they have no money. I would like to see some form of "$100 & Under" listing of helpful game development/business related tools, software, etc.

Many people list cheap tools and services on places like 'gamedev.net', but in order to find them later you have to wade through news articles. It would be nice if they could simply add them to a searchable database. This would also provide the bonus of free advertising for indie game-tools devs.

2) People have been talking about spreading flyers and such as a means of advertisement – could we capitalize on this idea for the indie sig by passing out 'indie dev sig' flyers at the GDC this year?

Brandii R. Grace

--
Come to http://www.sailormoon.com the sailormoon friends & fan community where you get chat, e-mail and can even build your own homepages!