[IGDA_indies] Suggestions

Brian Hook indies@igda.org
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 13:20:16 -0500

> 1) A major problem that indies often seem to struggle with is
> finding affordable tools and services when they have no money. I
> would like to see some form of "$100 & Under" listing of helpful
> game development/business related tools, software, etc.

That's a very good point.  IIRC, the Web site lists a bunch of open
source tools, but that may actually only be in the article on open
source stuff.

In fact, that's a probably a good article by itself, briefly
mentioning tools like:

cvs/subversion
gimp/paintshop
blender/milkshape3d
open office
mingw/gcc/Dev-C++

Any volunteers? =3D)

> 2) People have been talking about spreading flyers and such as a
> means of advertisement =96 could we capitalize on this idea for the
> indie sig by passing out 'indie dev sig' flyers at the GDC this
> year?

Not a bad idea as well, or at least it would be nice if GDC/IGDA
cooperated to raise some awareness on the sig, but I don't know what
the policy is on that.

Brian