[kj] Latest KJ Merch

T.B. planetary at socal.rr.com
Fri Jun 21 20:30:29 EDT 2019

I ordered the lyric book, the 2018 tour photo book and the2018 Live At The
Roundhouse LP set.  It took almost exactly a month to get here to SoCal (it
appears it shipped about 2 weeks after the order was placed) in the US but
packaging was good and everything came in top shape.

Lyric book is cool.  It is the 2nd printing limited to 200 copies.  I don't
know if it's supposed to be lyrics to every officially released song as it
covers 1979 - 2015 as there's some significant, telling  omissions (no
Eighties among others) while some odd B-sides like Universe B are included.
There's an intro by Jaz.  Song lyrics take a page each, although a few take
up two pages.  Organization makes it a bit tough to find specific songs
without checking the chapter index in the front of the book as the book is
broken up into 14 thematic chapters (Pre-Upheaval Migration, Berlin,
Globalism and Big Brother, ect) with relevant songs sorted in an almost
haphazard way, not chronologically or alphabetically - kind of like a
setlist.  Still, nice clean, simple text, the cover is wine colored with
silver embossed text and KJ logo.

The 2018 Tour photo book by Youth is a nice photo journal of the tour.  Also
hard cover, it's kind of small to do some of his photos justice but the
selection of B/W and color shots is great.  Lot of photos of fans,
locations, backstage and onstage. Aside from an intro by Youth and an index
of what city each photo was taken, there's no accompanying text. Much of the
onstage photos aren't on the level of what you'd find in some big photo book
of a band like Led Zep or whatever as most appear to be Youth snapping a
quick pic with his iPhone so don't expect Neil Zlozower or Anton Corbijn
staged rock god quality or art(ific).  It is more or less like scrolling
through someone's phone full of pics from the tour.

The 3 LP set graphically and packaging-wise appears to be on the same level
as the 2016 Great Gathering set.  I bought this Roundhouse show also on CD a
while back so I know how it sounds (better'n the Berlin show).  I haven't
popped open the set to give the records a listen so I can't comment yet on
how the vinyl sounds compared to the CDs.