[kj] RIP Mark E Smith of The Fall

adrianwason at btinternet.com adrianwason at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 25 14:01:26 EST 2018

First saw the Fall around 2010.
They opened with Pacifying Joint and What About Us.
Stunning tracks played live with a crisp sound.
Mark E Smith came on in his leather jacket with the security tag still on and proceeded to tune the lead guitar.
He disappeared after about 30 minutes and I can't remember him coming back on,twas funny.
Saw them again last year,supported by Bo Ningen.
He was more serious this time and stayed on for the whole set.
Quite frankly having seen how ill he looked about 5 months ago, I'm suprised he lasted this long.
Funny tale on radio 6 this morning about how he sacked a sound technician for buying a salad...
Reading his book, one of the most repeated phrases,'Bargain Booze-you can get some good deals there!'