[kj] Of Topic: Guilty Pleasures

Neil Perry 65snoopy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 07:56:45 EDT 2016

Yes its weird with the Rolling Stones, I think Gimme Shelter is one of the
most
astonishing, electrifying songs ever recorded... but little else they've
done ever impressed me.
I love that song so much I sometimes listen to the original followed by
various cover
versions all in a row - Sisters of Mercy, Merry Clayton (the woman singing
on the original,
who apparently had a miscarriage after leaving the studio which was put
down to her
exertions during the recording), Turbonegro, Hellacopters, Patti Smith. I
have not, however, included
the versions recorded by New Model Army with Tom Jones (!) and Hawkwind
with Samantha Fox (!!!).