[kj] Pylon

Neil Perry 65snoopy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 09:09:35 EDT 2015

Just read these comments on the FB page. I haven't got a proper copy yet,
but any thoughts?

Daren Rasmussen: Got mine a day early. Killer f'ing stuff guys, but why do
you continue to offer such outstanding performances... with absolutely
horrible mastering? It's so bad it makes my hears hurt at times. Like
someone scratching their nails on a chalkboard. Half the time the vocals
are obstructed and indecipherable due to the sheer amount of clipping going
on. C'mon. Fuck, I'll even master your next one for free. Can we please get
some digital re-releases of the last 4 albums with much less hot mastering?
Like I said, you always deliver KILLER songs and albums. There's no doubt
about that. But they really do sound like shit.
<https://www.facebook.com/browse/likes?id=994567270594658>
<https://www.facebook.com/killingjokeofficial/videos/994172733967445/?comment_id=994567270594658&offset=0&total_comments=24&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R0%22%7D>
<https://www.facebook.com/killingjokeofficial#>

James Lollobrigida: Totally agree. I got the limited vinyl and it's
mastered very flat and compressed. Sounds bloody awful frankly. The
Pressing is terrible too, my Decca won't even track it at all, skips about
all over the place. This is the ONLY RECORD out of a collection of over
1000 that it does this on. It'll play on my other turntable but still
sounds like shit.

On 26 October 2015 at 01:17, Adam Helfer via Gathering <gathering at misera.net