[kj] That Pledge exclusive vinyl

T.B. planetary at socal.rr.com
Mon Nov 2 23:20:56 EST 2015

Well, no sooner than I whine about not getting my album(s) then a package arrives from the UK this afternoon.  Although I ordered both the colored deluxe as well as the regular black vinyl LPs from Pledge, I received only the deluxe colored vinyl album by itself>  Packaged in a very basic, thin single LP mailer flat (a large piece of cardboard that folds up into an LP mailer).  Album comes shrink-wrapped.  Thankfully, my copy made it in perfect condition but I could see edge dings easily happening in the wrong hands during transit.  I don't know why they didn't ship both LPs in a single box and there's an invoice from "Remedy Fulfillment" based in the UK included that shows I paid for both versions so I hope the regular black vinyl LP was shipped separately.  Amusingly on the customs form, the value is listed at $5.

The album itself looks to be 180gram translucent purple vinyl, very clean and flat pressings.  The gatefold jacket is pretty much the same affair as the AD and MMXII albums except there's no separate card with lyrics or further graphics - in fact, the CD's fold out booklet has more graphics and band photos than the vinyl jacket has.  The lenticular album cover art is a lot cooler looking than I thought it would be, and it's nice that it's actually not glued to the front of the record jacket - it's about 1/2 inch smaller than the jacket so you can put it inside the gatefold to protect it if you want or display it on its own over the fireplace next to family photos.  I have to wait until tomorrow when the wifey and kid are out to give the records a spin so I can't comment on how good or not the LP sounds compared to the CD.

BTW, I'm in Southern California.

T.B.

wessidetempest . wrote:

When anyone from the US gets theirs I'd be curious of the condition. With spine farm they used the cheapest packaging available and by the time it got to me the corners we severely bent and they would never respond to emails.

And all of the links I see posted for the Amazon UK deluxe vinyl shows me regular version. Which tells me they don't have permission to ship it outside UK