[kj] Poll: Worst song off OTG

adrianwason at btinternet.com adrianwason at btinternet.com
Fri Oct 24 15:18:51 EDT 2014

Hi Jamie,
I think that the band of Killing Joke will always be Jaz and Geordie, I don't have much knowledge of Killing Joke before 1986? I think you make a good point about the relationship between Jaz and BPF.
All of the albums after Pandemonium were inconsistent to a point
Democracy-only Mass/Aeon/Absent Friends and I suppose Intellect/Medicine Wheel
2003-only Blood/Intellect/and first track
Hosannas-Title/UB/Judas Goat
I thought the song-writing was different on AD with highlights Endgames/Fresh Fever/Singularity
And picked up massively on 2012 which was spot on but badly tailed off after Primobile.
The magic will always be there as long as the music is good but some of the band will not play some of their best back catalogue tracks.I think that is a major problem as the gigs are ok but could be festivals of ectasy were it not for laziness, egos and I don't know-its incredibly frustrating.
Last point-Best last performances I saw were with Raven and Benny playing DBD/Termite Mound/SGD in 2005, and surprisingly enough the 2012 tour with new songs!
There is one band (not killing joke)that lost their major performer but after 3 years came back to record their best album ever but there are/were 3 strong song-writers in that band.-Any guesses-you-d be surprised!
To me-the Killing Joke process is Geordie records a wicked demo Jazz adds vocals then it is fucked up.
Looking forward to 2015!